It is our great honor to organize the Second Research and Education Center of Bridging Asian Mental Health and Psychiatry (REBAMP) International Conference, which will be held in Tainan, Taiwan on April 10-12, 2020. REBAMP is a project launched by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Taiwan since 2018.
The main purpose of REBAMP is to connect the international collaboration on psychiatry and mental health between Taiwan and other countries from Southeast Asia, South Asia, as well as Australia and New Zealand. We will organize and sponsor activities that facilitate mutual interests.
This international conference is one of the most important activities hosted by this project. We are inviting excellent international speakers hosting several symposia for topics which are important for this region, including child psychiatry, trauma, suicide and substance abuse. We also welcome you to join this meeting for the poster session, and present your recent research findings, or introduce your current research or educational programs here.
There will be 14 Young Investigator Travel Awards available for young investigator from South, Southeast Asian and Australasian countries including Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Australia and New Zealand, with excellence in their researches and clinical work in the field of psychiatry, such as child psychiatry, trauma, suicide and substance abuse. Six awardees will be asked to have oral presentations and eight will be asked to have poster presentations at the conference. The travel award will entitle you to:
Ø Welcome reception
Ø Gala Dinner
Ø A Brain storming tour on the 12th of April
Ø 3 nights of accommodation (9, 10, 11th of April, 2020)
Ø Flight reimbursement for economy class (this only applies to those awardees selected for oral presentation).
**All awardees of the Travel Award are required to participate in all the sessions of the REBAMP to receive the reimbursements.
- Psychiatrists, nurse, occupational therapist, psychologist, social worker, pharmacists and mental health related researchers from the following countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Australia and New Zealand.
- Less than 40 years old.
- Less than 7 years of practice after specialization in psychiatry.
- Having an accepted abstract in the congress.
- All Applications will be judged based on scientific merit of the abstract by the congress scientific committee.
How to Apply:
Please submit your abstract along with the following documents in one single PDF file to the conference secretariat: REBAMP firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com by 31st of January, 2020:
- A letter of intent indicating your request to be considered for the young investigator travel award and why you should be chosen
- Copy of your passport for age verification
- A letter of recommendation from the head of your department or president of the psychiatric association from your country.
- A recent short CV (2 pages maximum)
With the email title: Application for REBAMP young investigator travel award, your name and country, and indicate in the email whether you would like to apply for oral or poster or either presentation in the email.
The abstract should be no longer than 250 words and should follow the format of introduction, method, results and conclusion.
To the new friend, we are confident to say, Tainan is the ancient city of Taiwan, and also known as the capital of tasty food. A half-day city tour is arranged to bring the participants an in-depth cultural, historical and delicious food experience of Tainan. To the old friend, bring your best memory here and come to see us and beautiful Tainan City again!
Please help to spread the word and see you in Tainan!
YP Section, REBAMP Organizing Committee